Friday, February 15, 2008

Giving

Your gift is what you give - Yogi Tea bag

Or something along those lines...I got this tea bag the other day. It was today that it struck me though, the gift in giving. I have been taking care of my niece Mylie today. Her little sister Piper is in the hospital and Anna is, of course, there with her. Standing in my kitchen, picking cashews out of a mixed nut can, because that is what Mylie likes, I was aware of the satisfaction I feel in being able to offer something in someone elses time of need. What I can offer isn't that it is so much, it's just that I am the one that has the ability today to be able to do it and it feels really good. I have, for the last several weeks, been complaining, for lack of a better word, about the lack of time I have for myself. Today, I am wondering about that...I don't feel tapped out, I feel full today and have had very little time to myself (amazingly enough though, I am blogging with 3 children in the house, 2 of them awake!) Maybe part of it too, is the gift I get tonight. Ryan and Niki are coming over to take care of Ruby and Willis so Sean and I can go out to dinner. I feel blessed that our family is what it is and that in times of need, big or small, we band together. I do believe that difficult times can bring out the best in us, remind us of what we are capable of, even if only in our hearts. Life is good.

No comments: