Saturday, January 5, 2008

Choose Your Own Adventure

"We are the hero of our own story." back of Create Journal

Isn't that a fun idea? To be the hero of my own story and then again who else could be the hero of my story? The best part of life is the choose your own adventure part. So much of our happiness or unhappiness really boils down to a choice. Knowing that shifts a bit of the reponsibility from the universe and the rest of humanity back to me. I had a funny experience Friday. Sean was home from work, sick and for some reason it really ticked me off. I left home to spend the morning with my girlfriends and was in a fine mood there, then came home and was crabby again. He eventually called me out on it and as I sat pondering why I was choosing to be such a grouch, it dawned on me! I'm jealous, I don't ever get to stay home from work - my work is at home right now. I don't get to call in and say...Hmmm, don't think I'll be in today. I might plug in for the daily feeding at 10a.m., but if I don't show up, can you just take care of it? Doesn't work that way when you are a mom. Thanks to the fine husband I have, I took a little time for myself in the afternoon and had tea with my neighbor across the street. Gave me a chance to feel not like a mom for a little bit and to get a grip on my emotions. They really are wild horses (Paulo Coehlo says this). They run away with us sometimes and we have to really rein them back in to feel centered again. Sometimes giving those horses names helps me to find my way back home. And then I get to a choose a new adventure, one where I am playful and fun and creative, not grouchy and stand-off ish. My greatest hero moment last week was making a race track with Ruby, out of dominos and zingo tabs (a zany version of bingo). She lined all the zingo tabs up while I was putting Willis down for a nap. When I came back in, she told me it was a street. I shared the idea of making a race track and we spent the next half hour crashing cars in to one another on our racetrack that spread over the majority of the living room floor. I felt like a cool, creative Mom, racing with my jiggy bad self! I hope I'll choose to be a hero tomorrow....for now I'm off to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello!
I'm a big Paulo Coelho's fan and I don't know if you heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I've started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check the blog.
if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

In the intervals between battles, the Warrior of Light rests.

(Manual of the Warrior of Light)


Merry Christmas!

Aart

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me that I am the hero I've been waiting for! Your blogs are inspiring and I am looking forward to more postings! Here is a thought (from yesterday's tear off calendar at the office) This spoke to me about what you posted regarding your yoga teaching.
"Many of us inadvertenly create stress in our lives by making the mistake of underestimating ourselves. Failing to have adequate confidence in our abilities, intuition, and wisdom means we must rely on others to guide and direct us."
Namaste Celisa! Anna Marie

Sabari folk said...

YOU ARE a a cool, creative Mom. So, go on with your jiggy bad self! I am enjoying your blog. Thanks for taking the time and coming over for the coffee date this morning. It is good to be home. xo